Friday, August 19, 2016

When a Boner Occurs

Another excellent post by AOM. If you scroll past the Meditations portion without reading them, you will miss some mighty gems. Like this one from today:

People are not disturbed by things, but by the view they take of them. - Epictetus

According to the National Institute for Demographic Studies, 50.4% of the worldwide human population is male. Men control damn near everything. Yet, the prevalent view of society is that male genitals are awful; lewd and disgusting. Their view is skewed to the negative for some unfathomable reason. They don't want to see them
2
don't want them discussed
3
don't want to even think about them; place them off limits, as if they are so terrible that they belong unreachable behind barbed wire.
4
Could it be that they don't fully understand how they function, or why? Oh, by a certain age they all know that a penis gets hard.
5

6
But they think that when a boner occurs it must have something to do with sex of some sort.
7

8

9

10
Well, it does and it doesn't. Many months ago, the suggestion was made that my buddy and I should write a book. Well, he's taken your suggestion to heart and has begun writing. The first line on the first page is:
This book has nothing to do with sex.
11
The second line is:
This book has everything to do with sex.
12

13

14
How's that for a conundrum?
But, I think it's a perfect start, don't you?

*Lines from Unwrapping the Package: What everyone should know about male genitals used by permission of the author.

9 comments:

FRENCH PATRICK said...

It is not a criticism, only a search of explanation. I don't understand that the freedom of speech (First Amendment to the United States Constitution) allows the worst words, sentences and speechs, even against the USA itself (if I have well understood) while in the same time a photo can bee removed from a blog, Facebook, etc. because we see on it "awful, lewd and disgusting" male genitals. The photo is a means of expression, even if it took place after the Constitution. If I publish one photo on my blog it is the kind of speech by which I say that I find it beautiful. I would rather see a photo which displeases me than to hear or to read a speech which advocates the racism, the nazism, the pedophilia, the zoophily, or one other of many such abominations. "One person's freedom ends where another's begins." I agree, but in fact I wonder if it is not true that some freedoms ends on their starting point while others have no end.

I wish you a wondrous weekend, my darling, in the same time as to our delicious Jean, with much more than one bisous.

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for an autographed copy of your book. Thanks for the shout out - glad you enjoyed the quotes. If seeing genitals was more frequent then people would not have a problem with seeing them - my view anyway. Wishing you a super bonerific day and jizztastic weekend. Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Unknown said...

Ah! Would like a copy of that book! Great post as always! Thanks again for your visits and comments. I trust you will have a restful weekend!

SickoRicko said...

I think it's a perfect start as well!

JeanWM said...

I've always thought along with the female-led campaign to protect young women from men unless their intentions were marriage, some of the tabu came from men themselves.

From a female's perspective men are very visually oriented and put lots of pressure on themselves to measure up to the competition (other males). Voila! You even get candidates for the Presidency talking size comparisons of hands as an indication of how well endowed they are. Something I can't imagine women candidates would ever do, but leave it to the male politicians to ridicule their competitors in the most basic way. I think men are more comfortable in being naked but only among people they know.

It makes me think of when movies became talkies and actors were suddenly ridiculed for their voice. I think actors fear the same about going naked in films. Suddenly what was hidden would now be up for comparisons. So even in "modern times" men shy away from nudity.

Happy weekend and hugs to all of you. (we women actually consider other attributes more important in men.)

Xersex said...

Can't mean how much sexy are those pics!

Xersex's back with a new post:
http://menforxersex.blogspot.it/2016/08/gino-dacampo-cooks-naked-this-morning.html
I'm so sorry I don't have time to put comments on every post you have published in the past two weeks!

Happy new week!

whkattk said...

@ Jean - Yes, men do it to themselves. They, I think, are the first to condemn, when they feel threatened by the competition. I think, just as women dress to impress other women, men do whatever they can to impress other men...take off the clothes and let the competition see how the goods measure up and suddenly they're feeling very much below par. Hugs!

Fullmoonma said...

I'm sitting on a bench in the sun sunning and displaying my cock to passers by. I'm at Gni with hundreds of other gay naked men. Just thought you'd like to know

Gary Myers said...

I love the first and fourth pics!