Thursday, April 14, 2016

Call of Nature

Nature, natural, 
2
normal.
3

4
As I try to find a urinal for outdoor use to install in my back yard (under $100), not only for the yard and pool guy and other workers but for summer pool parties, I ran across a recent article in GQ.
5 - new outdoor urinal in SF
In the desert, with a severe drought entering it's 14th year, my reasoning is also conservation. But, I found the entire article to be well written, and amusing, and his final paragraph made a perfect point regarding nature, natural, and normal.

"But overall, I think the urinal is a fantastic idea. For one thing, pissing outside is the BEST. Why, I’d rather piss outside than anywhere else! [ given the option, I think most men would] And if people get used to men legally relieving themselves outside in sanctioned urinals, then we’ll be able to do it more often. No more frantic searches for indoor toilets. No more running into a coffee shop, asking for the bathroom lock code, buying something so that they’ll GIVE you the code, and then realizing someone is already in the bathroom and doesn’t plan on coming out anytime soon (happened to me later that night). Building a public urinal is our first brave step to being more comfortable with each other, and with our bodies. We’re all good friends here, right? Let me go take a leak ten feet away from your picnic blanket and we can pretend it’s not a whole big thing, okay?"
6

7
A young man dealing with his raging hormones, near constant boners,
8

9

10
 and aching testicles
11
that need to be relieved 
12

13
is not just as Normal and Natural as answering the call of Nature.
14
It is answering the call of nature.


9 comments:

Your French Patrick said...

The urgent nature of an urgent call of nature...
As I said it recently, the "pissotières" (public urinals) were the main meeting place of the gays when I was young. Everything necessary was said by the only fact that two persons were lingering there.
I wish you a wondrous day, mon chéri, with a lot of bisous.

Mark Greene said...

Very interesting article. I think i'm so used to private toilets It would be difficult getting used to public ones. However I am so sick of business demanding you buy something just to take a piss. That's criminal in my opinion!

Mark
The Male Casting Couch

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great idea. Great images as always!

Anonymous said...

Amen! Pissing outside is my favorite way to go. I hope all is well with you, bro. Wishing you a jizztastic day! Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Mistress Maddie said...

I've taken to a parking lot many a time to run one off, so I could be comfortable again. The jeans sometimes get very tight.

Xersex said...

so sexy idea!!!

SickoRicko said...

Another great post, more great pix!

whkattk said...

@ mistress - Ah, yes... I do believe that has been the case for many a guy: parking lot, side of the road, someone's front yard, against a business building...anywhere, really, will suit when discomfort begins.

whkattk said...

@ Mark - Outdoor pissing has been a part of my life since I can remember, though I can say it was never at a "public urinal" such as the new one in SF. As I replied to mistress maddie, it was anywhere I could find.

As I discovered in LA many years ago during a World series Game, with guys standing in a circle around the floor drain and using the sinks, we'll piss anywhere if we have to.