Wednesday, October 26, 2011

(Re) Boner Up


So, a straight guy writes in and asks: “Is there any way for me to recharge faster after an orgasm?”

I love knowing straight guys are reading the blog, because it’s for all guys. I want men everywhere to appreciate and take care of the things they were born with. I want them to love their cocks, love the pleasure they can derive from them, and be more and more willing to admit it.

Anyway, results of a recent survey I found that was published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine (it’s amazing what you can find in the internet, isn’t it?) reveals that the majority of men find 7 to 13 minutes of actual intercourse (thrusting) is the most desirable amount of time before cumming. Okay, we can appreciate that, though I suspect there are a lot of guys out there who would like to extend that – a lot! Not that the ladies in their lives would want it – My “stepmom” once told me her husband plunged and plunged for more than 30 minutes and all she wanted was for him to get off and get off, “How long can you hump your ass and keep it up?” she wanted to know. “As long as it feels good” was my response.

But, what to do when you’ve spewed your load, blown your wad, basted the tuna and you want more? Don’t try to rush it! The worst thing you can do is focus on trying to get your pecker up again. Ignore the little beast. Instead, play with the toys she’s (or, for you gay guys, he’s) placed in front of you. You’ll rise to the occasion faster without obsessing over it.


Every time you ejaculate, according to Larry Lipshultz, M.D., professor of Urology at Baylor College of Medicine, the pituitary gland sends a surge of oxytocin and prolactin into the bloodstream; this makes you relax, opening the valves in your dick so it wilts. These hormones suppress dopamine – the neuro-chemical that helps you boner up.

Scientists suspect age-related refractory time (the amount of time it takes to go from spewing your jizz and losing the wood to getting a hard-on again) is tied to the pituitary system; the older we get, the more it disrupts the balance of the above-mentioned chemicals.


But, of course, there’s help. You can raise your levels of dopamine – and thereby your cock – by eating a diet rich in vitamins B6 and B12 and Folate; things such as tuna and asparagus.

If you’re really, really unhappy with the time it takes between shags to get your pole into vaulting position – in other words, only if this is totally ruining your sex life (i.e., your partner is complaining all the time) you might consider asking your doctor about an off-label prescription for cabergoline. It’s typically used for patients with pituitary tumors to suppress prolactin, but researchers have been finding that it can also significantly reduce the refractory time for developing sturdy wood.


And who among us doesn’t like a good, sturdy boner to enjoy?



10 comments:

DeepBlue said...

Now I know why I love tuna and asparagus so much!
;)~
Jon

Miss Sunshine said...

Well good for me the Sailor isn't a minute man because even though he loves tuna, there's no way in Hell I'm going to get him to eat asparagus! Thanks for the info though, it may come in handy someday.

I have a question, not sure if I've asked this before or not, but here goes. Why does excessive drinking make it hard, or impossible, for a man to cum? I'm talking about what the Sailor refers to as 'Whiskey Dick'. And if I find that he is having a case of whiskey dick, what can I/he do to get him to be able to finish?

Huggs
CoreyJo



Hai Jon!!

Anonymous said...

n-acetyl-l-tyrosine may be useful for some guys cuz it is a dopamine precursor. having used tyrosine on occasion myself, i find that more than 500mg at a time tends to majorly 'wire' me (unpleasant). of course the vitamins whkattk mentioned are also necessary to help the conversion to dopamine.

CoreyJo, I don't know if this is the explanation for the sexual effect of alcohol, but alcohol is turned into aldehyde by the body. And aldehyde is a poison - it damages DNA. Suggest you get Mr. Sailor to drink less ... maybe there is something else he could use (420?) if he just has to have a high.

CockyLocky@BW

Miss Sunshine said...

Bahahaha!! Get an Irish Sailor to drink less...LMAO!!! As much as I would like to do that I don't think it will ever happen. 420 is out of the question both because of his job and allergies to smoke.

Thank you for the explination. I guess if he's going to be drinking I'll just have to kidnap him for a bathroom rendezvous before he gets too inebriated. ;)

Thanks again
CoreyJo

whkattk said...

@CoreyJo - Well, Whiskey Dick is a tough one.

@Anon is correct, but maybe if I do a post, we can at least get the Sailor to cum before he goes... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Reading all the info and looking at the great pictures. But what if you can't have a erection ? Due to cancer (now cancer free) a few years ago they had to remove the prostate.

So, what's a guy to do ??

LORDPATRICK said...

Had a boyfriend who never seemed to lose his erection! Five minutes after cumming he was hard again! He was bisexual and was hung like a horse!

whkattk said...

@Anon, 12:26 - I've promised another reader I'd try to cover this...I'm workin' on it!

Danilo Mascarenhas Bittencourt said...

Eu sou um hétero punheteiro com orgulho e amor. Eu amo desfrutar o tesão e o prazer daquilo que a natureza colocou entre as minhas pernas: o meu grande amigo forte.

whkattk said...

Professor Danilo (translated): I'm a straight jackass with pride and love. I love to enjoy the horny and the pleasure of what nature has placed between my legs: my great strong friend.

@ Professor - That is your friend down there. Always treat it with kindness and love, and it will serve you well for many years to come. (Or should that be "cum"?)