Monday, October 17, 2011

Extended Ball Check


OK - Listen up, guys!

In Friday’s Ball Check post I used a photo of a guy stretched out on the bed, cupping his balls with one hand. The other hand is giving his left tit a gentle squeeze. And that made me think about a topic I’ve never covered before.

Beside the fact that men’s pecs and nipples are as sensitive as those on you ladies out there and we can enjoy ours – you did know that, guys; you did, didn’t you?? – there is something else we have in common with the ‘fairer sex.’ Breast cancer.

Yes, indeed, men! We are subject to the disease as well. The rash of events and advertising and shit that is going on right now (well, seemingly, never stops) about bringing awareness (and raising money for research) to breast cancer made me start doing some research of my own.

Did you know that more than 1200 men (in the U.S. alone) are diagnosed and over 400 die each year from breast cancer? Shocking, ain’t it?

The reason that many die is because, just as we put off getting our nuts and peckers checked when something is wrong, they don’t seek medical attention soon enough.

Even more shocking is a report I discovered on MSNBC from back in early August. Men have been denied coverage for treatment of the disease by their insurance companies, by Medicaid and Medicare, because…wait for it…wait for it…they’re men!

This just goes to show you how biased, bigoted, and ignorant we all are about the male body.

So, from now on, guys, when I post the reminders about Buddy Ball Check Day, I’m including a reminder to check your pecs as well. Do a Breast Self Exam. Search for lumps or hard spots – just as you do for your nuts. You might enlist the help of a female friend or relative who’s familiar with the procedure to do the exam for you. If your tits ever feel sore – not from bench presses or working out, or from manual labor – if they begin to leak, do a self exam, it could be a sign of male breast cancer. If anything feels out of sorts: Call your doctor ASAP.

 Even if it's whilst playing your favorite tune on your favorite organ, take a tip from this guy:
Give the old pecs a decent squeeze!

But even though this is a few days past Buddy Ball Check, consider this your October reminder. Next month, check your tits before you move on down to those balls. I’ll encourage you to make a game out of it and enjoy yourself along the way if that’s what it takes to get you to do it.






7 comments:

Miss Sunshine said...

Great post. Not many people realize that a breast is a breast no matter what sex it's on. I most definitely will be passing along this information.

Thank You
CoreyJo

p.s. now I've got another fun exam for the Sailor! YAY!!

p.s.s. must confess, I'm still eyeballing the balls upclose for a good 5 minutes before he tells me to "start already" I just love watching them move on their own!! hehe :)

Amanda said...

I'm glad to see this, especially since I was recently reminded that men can also be afflicted with breast cancer. This was in response to my question of why there is so much support of breast cancer awareness but almost nothing about prostate cancer awareness (with the exception of your monthly ball check). In fact, I didn't even think there was a prostate cancer awareness month, until I was told it was September. Ah, too late to do something productive specifically for the month! :P But I've been checking my boyfriend ever since I started handling his balls a little more (thanks to suggestions from your blog) and now I'll start checking above the waist, thanks to the gentle reminder.

LORDPATRICK said...

#1 - Where can I find this lecture theatre?????

The great killer of men in Australia is prostrate cancer. It kills about as many men as breast cancer kills women, but does not get sufficient publicity. My brother-in-law died from the spread of prostrate cancer to his bones in his pelvis; another friend's prostrate cancer has spread to the bones in his shoulder.

whkattk said...

@CoreyJo - Yep, there's no reason to not enjoy these exams along the way. I'm sure The Sailor enjoy the breast exam as much as he enjoys the ball exam!

whkattk said...

@Amanda & Lord Patrick - I'm in the middle of doing a post on Prostate Cancer since the Feds were kind enough to proclaim a PSA is worthless and shouldn't be bothered with! How ridiculous...If it hadn't been for the PSA, my own brother would be dead right now.

Miss Sunshine said...

Oh he most definitely did enjoy it, and the rest of the exams I preformed too! Thanks Hon for everything. hehe!!

Huggs ♥
CoreyJo

Amanda said...

@whkattk: Yeah, I heard about that little news clip, and my boyfriend and I looked at each other and were like, "Seriously?". And that's coming from a man who absolutely loves his penis and the fact that it still works better than that of most men his age. But he certainly understands the value of life over that particular bit of pleasure. And I know I'd rather him impotent if it means he's alive. I've already got too short of time with him, I don't need to shorten it more.